Akwa Ibom Recruitment
FHI 360 ongoing recruitment for suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Technical Assistant, Monitoring & Evaluation.
The Position is based in Nigeria.
Ref Id: 18471
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV / AIDS Services (SIDHAS) is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV / AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria to provide these services in a sustainable way.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- With the supervision of the State Senior Technical Officer M & E ensure oversight on all Monitoring & evaluation needs, implementation & emerging issues within the scope of the outreach & community ART drive.
- The Technical Assistant (M & E) will work with others in the State Coordinating, LGA operating teams, the state office and local implementing partners to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation activities within the scope of the outreach & community ART drive are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M & E needs.
- S / He will supervise & enter (if need be) program data into the FHI 360 data management software for subsequent analysis; identifies and follows up missing data; undertakes basic validation checks, and stores and disseminates data and hardcopy files as appropriate.
- Support the realization of SIDHAS vision, mission and goals especially as it relates to high quality data and the strengthening of M & E systems at the mobile / outreach & community ART site level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the successful implementation of Outreach & community ART linkage & integration to the facility (PM) PMM system. Supervising the accuracy, completeness & validity of service statistics generated & aggregated during such.
- Conducting routine monitoring visits to mobile / outreach & community ART sites and facilities hubs, including the conduct of on spot quality checks of documentation & daily aggregation, assist in the preparation of daily .weekly & monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision to the DSOs & LGA operating teams on M & E activities
- With guidance from STO M & E working with the SCT lead to ensure that the quality of community ART program / project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Provide support to Hub sites in the state, including interacting with coordinators, M & E focal points, M & E officers of SACA / SASCP, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
- Prepares and spends source documents, identifies and interprets data to be entered and keepss track of received data and source documents for mobile / outreach & community ART
- Liaises with the State coordinating team to ensure effective mobile / outreach & community ART tools inventory management system.
- Work with the SCT lead with technical guidance from STO M & E to ensure that the quality of mobile / outreach & community ART program / project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Work with the SCT lead to document lessons learned and best practices in mobile / outreach & community ART monitoring and evaluation, according to USAID and PEPFAR guidelines.
- Facilitate retrieval and validation of data from the LGA teams on a daily basis and collate and provide feedback to the teams as appropriate.
- Disseminate weekly collated LGA data to the SCT, state coordinating team and STO M & E
- Perform other M & E-related duties as assigned.
- BS / BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in pertinent degree with 1 year relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation or data management.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Share your views about AKWA IBOM, ask questions, and any useful hints about the organization or its recruitment process in the comment section below.