www.firs.gov.ng-FIRS Recruitment Update 2016/2017 | Application Portal is Now Open-APPLY NOW
Federal Inland Revenue Service ( FIRS ) Recruitment 2016
www.firs.gov.ng-FIRS Recruitment Update 2016/2017 | Application Portal is Now Open-APPLY NOW – The 2016 FIRS recruitment job portal is now open!! You can now register, login and apply for The Federal Inland Revenue Service FIRS recruitment 2016 (https://recruitment.firs.gov.ng/).
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) as part of its consolidation strategies wish to recruit the services of early starters with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates in this FIRS recruitment 2016 exercise to fill the vacant job positions below:
Candidates must note that, regardless of the post, the minimum requirements required for all FIR applicants :
Minimum Qualifications/Skills Base
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field OR
- A Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates;
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws
Minimum Character Attributes
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence or should not have been indicted at or dismissed from their places of work or other environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Minimum Past Performance Level
- Demonstrated ability to determine conformity and non- conformity to set standards in processes and procedures AND demonstrated courage and ability to eliminate, rectify or close determined non-conformity to standard character attributes
- Demonstrated courage in ensuring change within the organization he or she has worked through the effective discharge of his or her responsibility in spite of resistance to change efforts
- Demonstrable impactful presence in the work place as a direct result of the individual’s ability to effect positive and sustainable change in his/her environment
Applicants are also to note that regardless of the position advertised, any of the following will be an added advantage:-
- Master’s degree in related discipline
- Relevant and recognized professional certification and qualification
Other General Requirement(s):
In addition all Applicants must:-
- Have an NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate
- Be certified as mentally fit for appointment into FIRS by a recognized Medical Doctor in any of these class of Government Hospitals:
- National Hospital
- Government Teaching Hospitals
- Federal Medical Centers
- Provide contact details for three references (from last employer, a close family relation and tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities can be obtained
- Present a certificate of State of Origin and Local Government signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Government. Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be accepted.
How to Apply
FIRS consider computer proficiency a key requirement for anyone who aspires for a job in the Service.
Accordingly, Applicants are expected to go through the available job positions and fill their applications online via the FIRS recruitment portal at https://recruitment.firs.gov.ng/
Please follow the instructions to fill in your application.
- – Only applications in respect of the advertised positions would be considered.
- – All individuals are expected to apply to only ONE position. Multiple applications by one Candidate for more than one job will be disqualified.
- – Upon submission, applicants will receive an acknowledgement containing a reference number which must be quoted in all future correspondences.
- – Deadline for submission of application is six (6) weeks from the date the web portal is available (Monday, 10th October, 2016)
- – Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for FIRS interview.
Do share your views about FIRS, ask questions, and for more update concerning the organization or her recruitment process in the comment section below