China Educational Trust Awards Great Britain in UK, 2017/2018
The Great Britain-China Educational Trust (GBCET) is offering Educational Awards for studying PhD programme and Chinese language (spoken or written).
The Embassy of Great Britain and China is a registered charity (No. 269944) administered by the Center of Great Britain and China. The Trust was founded in 1975 with the proceeds of The Genius of China, which took place in 1974 at the Royal Academy.
Course Level: Awards are available for studying PhD programme and Chinese language (spoken or written).
Study Subject: Awards are available to study the subjects offered by the university.
Chinese Students Awards: Awards are granted up to £3,000 but the most common amount awarded is between £1,500-£2,000.
Chinese Language Awards: Awards are granted normally up to £2,000 each.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Chinese Students Awards:
- Chinese nationality (from the PRC inc. Hong Kong) studying for a PhD in any subject at a UK university. Students must have started their third year before they are eligible to submit their application.
- Students may apply twice for the award, but must wait a year before trying again. Successful awardees cannot apply again. Awards are not renewable.
Chinese Language Awards
- British nationality postgraduate students (in any subject) who are normally resident in the UK and enrolled in a British university.
- Candidates must be seeking funding for the study of the Chinese language (spoken or written) as a taught element of their degree OR for Chinese language training which is not built in to their degree but which would aid their research, e.g. PhD courses. In the latter case, funding is considered for British PhD students giving conference papers in China, or travelling to China to pursue essential doctoral research.
- Applicants whose principle degree course does not include language training as integral to the course (usually PhD courses) must also provide proof of enrolment on to a language course.
- Language instruction will be undertaken in Britain, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Singapore.
- British nationality students enrolled on a postgraduate course in a PRC, Hong Kong, or Taiwanese university will be considered but preference will be given to applicants enrolled and based at a British university.
- Applicants must have started their degree and provide proof of their matriculation.
- No previous knowledge of Chinese is required to be eligible.
- If unsuccessful, after a year candidates may re-apply for the award, once only. Successful awardees cannot apply again. Awards are not renewable.
Nationality: Citizens of Chinese or British nationality are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply: Applicants should be sent by post or via email.
Application Deadline: The deadline for these applications will be in October 2017.