There are many false beliefs around love and these become things that damage a relationship.
It is essential to take them into account and to try to solve the problems that could harm the relationship to keep it in good health. Several factors can damage and end a relationship.
However, being aware of it will help you to solve the situation intelligently and prevent things from going further and harming you as a couple.
Today, you will discover up to 5 reasons why a relationship can deteriorate and we will advise you on how to resolve the situation.
In some cases, It could be worse because it could lead to a very unpleasant end.
5 Things that causes a deteriorating relationship
1. Lies Lying in a relationship is one of the main reasons why things get worse. No relationship, be it a couple, friendship or family, can be maintained if it is based on deception. This causes more mistrust and can cause jealousy and insecurity in the other person. We are not just talking about infidelity, but about things as important as not saying what you really think. You must be transparent. After all, this person is your partner with whom you are intimate. We often lie because that’s how we learned to relate to others. Other times, we have insecurities that we do not want to show. In both cases, criticism and resolution of the problem will be essential so that your relationship does not continue to deteriorate.
2. Sexual Dissatisfaction Beware of those who say that “sex is not everything in a relationship”. It’s true: it’s not everything, but it’s an important element. If this is not resolved, it can generate arguments, tensions, discontent and even grudges. Nobody likes not being sexually satisfied. It puts you in a very bad mood. The best way to solve it? Talk with your partner, try new things, but most importantly, try to solve the problem. Doing nothing, getting angry and not communicating calmly is not a solution. It will only make things worse. Going to a therapist or sexologist can help. However, you must leave shame behind you.
3. Family The family can generate many conflicts. For example, parents who always call or come home without warning or who attempt to organize the couple’s life thus removing their autonomy, all this can affect the relationship. The solution to this problem is to communicate with your partner and agree on the limits. These are necessary, especially with families who do this. This is not a bad thing rather the opposite. In many cases, the deterioration of a relationship is due to the impossibility of setting boundaries with family members.
4. Insecurities Having previous experience of infidelity or insecurities can make us excessively jealous and try to control our partner. It is not a good thing. You can overwhelm the other person, keep him from feeling free and, over time, it will hurt your relationship. You must realize that you are too worried about who your partner is talking to and who they are dating. Remember that sometimes you get angry if they go out with their friends and not with you. Let’s not forget that each person must have his own space. Insecurities can be treated not only in couple therapy, but also individually because it is a personal problem. Over time, a very precarious, jealous and possessive person will cause a deterioration of the relationship, which will not end in the best conditions.
5. Common objectives Love cannot overcome everything. If you want to follow a path that does not match that of your partner, it would be better not to continue together because you cannot share a common life plan.
For example, having children or not, living in another country, working abroad… If you want to have children but your partner does not, you cannot expect that to change.
The same goes for if you want to live in Australia, but your partner does not want to leave this country. You cannot put your goals aside, or allow the other person to drop his or hers for you. In these cases, your paths must be separated. After all, waiting for the person to change person is another thing that damages a relationship.
There are many false beliefs around love and these become things that damage a relationship. It is essential to take them into account and to try to solve the problems that could harm the relationship to keep it in good health.