University of Sussex 2018/2019 Scholarships For School of Law, Politics
Application Deadline: May 7, 2018
PhD scholarship opportunities in the School of Law Politics and Sociology.
The University of Sussex is a public research university in Falmer, Sussex, England. Its campus is located within the South Downs National Park and is a short distance away from Central Brighton.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for PhD program.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to the subjects of the School of Law, Politics and Sociology.
Full PhD fee waiver for three years. There may also be an exceptional stipend of around 14,500 awarded to the best PhD applicant in the School.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, you must study a Law, Politics or Sociology / Gender Studies PhD starting in September 2018. You will be expected to make an active contribution to the school’s research culture in their departments and any school-based research centers that map on your research project.
Your PhD proposal should be a maximum of 2,000 words and should:
- Include an introduction with an overview of the research question and an outline of why it is academic and / or
- Explained where your question has come from and how you plan to build existing work, using existing literature and theoretical work
- State the main objectives or goals of your research
- Briefly outline what methodology or research techniques you might need to employ
- Suggestion any analytical techniques you might use
- Provide an indicative timetable for your research
- Provide a timeframe for the research
- Reference any literature or sources used.
Apply for a place on the subject PhD course at Sussex by Monday March 12th, 2018. When you have submitted an application for your race, complete the scholarship application form, an outline research proposal and CV and submit via email.