Upto 15,000 Young Africans youths to Study in China Under Chinese Government/AUC Scholarship 2018/2019 – Application Procedure
Chinese Government/AUC Scholarship 2018/2019 – Application Procedure
Maximum of 32 years
The Chinese government, in partnership with the Department of Human Resources, African Union Commission (AUC), invites young people to participate in the Chinese Government Scholarships for Young Africans. Eligible persons are to study any course of their choice in the various Chinese universities.
The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role of ensuring the coordination of AU programs in Education and Human Resource Development; Science, Technology and Innovation; and Youth empowerment.
The Department provides technical support to Member States in the development and implementation of policies and programs towards harmonization, intra-African collaboration and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields, as a contribution to the attainment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has made scholarships to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students study in China in the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
African Union Scholarships for African Students
- The Scholarships are open to all qualifying.
- Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply
Admission Requirement For Chinese Government African Union Scholarships For African Students
- Applicants applying for Masters’ programs must satisfy the following requirements:
- Undegraduate degree from a recognized university, with good result or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Candidates may be required to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection
Chinese Government African Union Scholarships for African Students – Application Procedure
- Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how to qualify will enable you to serve the continent
Number of awards
The scholarship will cover the cost of teaching and the administration of the university and the living expenses of the students of the fund of foreign aid, supervising thesis.
The cost related to teaching includes tuition, teaching materials, field trips and study tours. The living living expenses include the accommodation, living allowances, the one-time settlement fee, and the medical insurance. Of which, the 3000 RMB of settlement fee will be given to the students in one time.
The living allowances (36000 RMB / year for students and 42000RMB / year for Doctor students) will be given to students on a monthly basis. All the other funds will be managed by the university or Chinese
Method of Application
Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation and how to qualify will enable you to serve the continent.
Applications must also be accompanied by the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications
- Certified copies of relevant Certificates, transcripts and personal details page of the national passport (at least 6 months validity)
- Clear, colored passport photograph (3 * 4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees, one professional referee
- Health certificate
To Apply : Visit the website below