South Korea KOICA – KAIST Master Scholarships for Developing Countries 2017 – The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) & Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is inviting applicants for its master scholarship. The scholarship is available for applicants from developing countries.
The aim of the scholarship is to share Korea’s experience in financial and capital market growth and spread Korean culture to developing countries.
The Korea International Cooperation Agency was established by the South Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade as a governmental organization for Official Development Assistance (ODA) to enhance the effectiveness of South Korea’s grant aid programs for developing countries by implementing the government’s grant aid and technical cooperation programs.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of economics, trade, women’s empowerment, rural development and finance.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship will cover the following:
- The dorm rooms are designed for double occupancy only.
- Each person is provided with a desk, a bed and a wardrobe.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Korea
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Must have a bachelor degree.
- GPA 3.3 / 4.3 preferred.
- Business, Natural Science and Computer Science majors (e.g. Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Engineering, etc.) with quantitative and statistics education/training are strongly recommended.
- Not a Citizen of Korea.
- Government Officials-Minimum of 3 years in Ministry of Finance and Central / State Bank experience preferred.
- Private sector employees are not eligible
Nationality: Applicants from developing countries are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a bachelor degree.
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants must meet one of the English proficiency test minimum score requirements: TOEFL iBT 83, TOEFL PBT 560, TOEFL CBT 220, IELTS 6.5, TEPS 599, TOEIC 720 or higher.
- English proficiency tests should have been taken within two years from the deadline of the online application (valid test date: starting from April 18, 2015).
- Institutional Testing Program (ITP) is not valid.
- EPT report submission can be waived only for those who apply from a country where EPT is not available. In this case, applicants are required to submit an official letter from the minister or governor of one’s affiliation guaranteeing one’s English proficiency equivalent to the required scores listed.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post:
- Prepare all required documents for your admission package and fill out the ‘Document Checklist’. Check whether all information is correct.
- Submit the application package (including both KAIST and KOICA application forms and other required documents) to the regional KOICA office or Korean Embassy (if KOICA office is unavailable) by the submission date (February 28).
- Scanned copies are acceptable but original copies should be sent to KAIST before the interviews. Applicants who submit the scanned copies should send the original copies to KAIST personally. KOICA and university do not pay postage costs for late submission of original copies.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.
For more update, kindly drop your details below..