Vacancy At Medecins Sans Frontieres Belgium Onitsha Project
Vacancy: HR/Fin Assistant
(Internal or External)
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Main Objective of the Position
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources and Finance department.
- Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to HR/Fin Manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
- Together with the HR/Fin Manager, ensure that HR/Finance policies and procedures are respected and all departments comply with MSF standards.
- Checks if invoices and receipts conform to MSF standards
- Ensure that all transactions are correctly authorized and accompanied by the relevant supporting documents before payment. (Operational Advance, referring to the advance granting table)
- Encoding cash transactions on SAGA daily respecting the MSF chart of accounts
- Ensure all cash transactions are recorded on the manual cash log book
- Do daily cash count
- Ensure close and proper follow-up of all cash advances; ensure advance book is always updated immediately.
- Ensure close and proper follow-up of all advances to suppliers.
- Ensure proper filing of all accounting, according to MSF standards (originals sent to Coordination monthly, classified by month / register / voucher sequence number, including copies of monthly closing documents).
- Ensures that encoding and validation in SAGA cashbox complete by last day of the month, closed, print a copy of SAGA cashbox and sign. Send monthly SAGA sending to HR/FIN Manager.
- Responsible for safety of cash kept in cash box under his/her responsibility, during daily payments and transfers (in accordance with cash security rules)
- Ensures the respect of the opening hours of the cash box.
- Performs weekly reconciliation of actual and theoretical cashbox balances together with HR/Fin Manager
- Investigate any cash discrepancy, report to HR/Fin Manager if not identified
- Ensure there is always enough money for in the cash box and requests cash from HR/Fin Manager a day before it is needed.
Vacancy At Medecins Sans Frontieres Belgium
- Applies all MSF policies, procedures and regulations and advise staff on these when required. Together with the HRA Manager provide refresher trainings to staff on these
- Contract Management
- Proper filing/updating employee personal files
- Leave Management: prepare monthly report & share with all supervisors.
- Prepare Payroll on time and accurately and send to HRM for approval
- Homere: accurate updating & capturing
- Event Management assist with planning staff functions, team building, wellness day and all other events requested to plan for the department
- Ensure staff “starter pack” is prepare before their first day and ready for them to sign on arrival
- Arranges briefing plan for NS staff and ensure they settle into their positions
- Assist with planning SANOU
- Introduce new staff member to team & take them on a tour of the project on the 1st day
- Refer to her/his technical referent where appropriate for guidance on financial management problems.
- Adhere to the MSF charter and principles, and to promote a positive image of MSF through a professional attitude and behaviour.
- Maintains confidentiality of all staff documents and personal information.
Required Skills and Conditions:
- Education: Degree in Finance or Human Resources
- Experience: 2 years Finance or Human Resources experience
- Languages: English and Igbo
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (MS Word, Excel)
- People Management
- Team work
- Obosi/ Onitsha/ Okpoko
Submit your CV, Cover letter, copies of qualifications, proof of medical registration to: MSF House 43, Little Woods Estate, 03051 Obosi (“Application Box” at the gate)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: Msfocb-onitsha-AdminFin@brussels.msf.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: 21st August, 2017.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date. No late applications will be accepted.
NB: only successful applicants will be contacted.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
Closing Date: 21st August, 2017.
For more update,kindly drop your email and contact details below..