33 Hannaford Drive
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Essential Job Functions:
1. Support and work with pharmacist to achieve outstanding pharmaceutical care.
2. Actively assist the pharmacist under their direct supervision in most phases of prescription filling of new, refill and transfer prescriptions in accordance with current laws, ethics and company policies.
3. Maintain confidentiality of customer and company information.
4. Thoroughly understand and operate the pharmacy register, computer software and telephony system.
5. Maintain an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer focus both in person and on telephone.
6. Assist in maintenance of third party prescription information and resolution of rejected adjudication.
7. Initiate prescription renewal requests to doctor via telephone call or fax where applicable by law.
8. Understand pharmacy inventory control procedures, including special requirements for controlled substances.
9. Receive and obtain information needed on written prescriptions or telephoned refill requests from customers.
10. Perform register functions and bag customer purchases in accordance with established store procedures, including verifying customer’s name, address and expected quantity of prescriptions at time of pickup.
11. Relay specific communications to customer from technician or pharmacist processing prescription.
12. Maintain solid communication within the department.
13. Successfully apply training to everyday pharmacy practice.
14. Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and assistance.
2. Help pharmacists prepare prescriptions by counting or pouring medications, labeling
containers, and pricing prescriptions.
3. Ensure customers receive all their prescriptions.
4. File written prescriptions forms after prescriptions are dispensed.
5. Prepare and complete manual insurance claim forms.
6. Maintain organized filing system for invoices, manual insurance claims, daily reports,
etc. in accordance with Standard Practice Manual and state law.
7. Help customers find over the counter items.
8. Maintain a broad understanding of HBC MPP scheduling system.
9. Assist in data entry of MPP information.
10. Maintain attendance and vacation log information.
11. Understand Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
12. Order, stock, maintain and return pharmacy inventory through proper supplier.
13. Assist in processing pharmacy outdates and credits including keeping inventory free
from outdated product.
14. Assist in preparation of pharmaceutical products for inventory.
15. Share in responsibility for department maintenance and cleanliness in accordance with
16. Maintain pharmacy department supplies (e.g. bottles, bags, labels, staples, etc.).
17. Observe and adhere to all company policies and the Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
18. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with
company personal appearance policy.
19. Work within our company’s management planning guidelines to maintain productivity.
20. Support company’s safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or
maintenance work needed. Keep work area free of debris and safety hazards.
21. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity and respect.
22. Maintain the quality of department’s appearance and presentation.
23. Perform all other duties as assigned.
-Successful completion of criminal background check and drug tests as required.
-Excellent communication and customer service skills.
-Strong keyboard skills and a demonstrated ability to learn new software applications.
-Basic mathematic skills.
-Effective time management skills and sense of urgency.
-Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment.
-Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
-Good problem solving abilities, ability to focus and attention to detail. High levels of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
1. Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short distances.
2. Use computer/keyboard/mouse/biometric scanner 100% of time.
3. Use hands to frequently/continuously handle a variety of sizes of containers then
manipulate individual pills/capsules and the equipment used to count them.
4. Clerical accuracy skills and mathematical skills including the ability to operate cash register.
5. Ability to use staplers, calculators, communication and computer systems frequently.
6. Frequent/continuous reaching, grasping, lifting, and carrying up to 20 lb. below the waist level and at or above shoulder level.
7. Bend at the knees and waist repetitively up to 30% of the work day.
8. Have sufficient visual acuity and audio capability to process prescriptions and service customers.